I recently posted a recipe for grilled Greek chicken. This tzatziki sauce recipe is our favorite condiment to serve with it. It’s a delicious balance of greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon, cucumber and signature Greek spices. Even the children love it!
Spend a few minutes grating a cucumber with the coarse side of a box grater and mixing the rest of the ingredients together and it is ready to go. For the best flavor you will want to let it chill for a couple hours to allow the flavors to meld together.
Tzatziki sauce recipe tips and tricks:
We have tried both lemon and lime with this and prefer the taste of lemon. If you prefer the more subtle taste of lime, that will work just great. Go for it!
Allow sauce to chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow for the best flavors to develop.
- ¼ cup grated cucumber
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Use the coarse side of a box grater to grate ¼ cup of cucumber with the skin on. Add Greek yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, dill and oregano to bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Allow sauce to chill for 1-2 hours before serving to allow for better developed flavors.