If you read my recipe on chicken samosa egg rolls you read about how I used a bunch of ingredients I had laying around to make a tasty meal for the family. What was left out of that recipe is that I had about a half package of egg roll wrappers left over. In the fall we always have apples in the house. I spotted the apples on the counter after I finished up the samosa egg rolls and figured that since most of the mess was already made and chopping up some apples and making a quick pie filling wouldn’t make things much worse. I didn’t really have recipe to work off from, so I was going to be winging this too.
I diced a red delicious and a granny smith into 1/4″ pieces while I melted 3 tbsp. of butter in a stainless steel pan. Once the apples were diced and the butter was foamy I tossed put the apples in. I added 4 tbsp. of sugar, 1/4tsp of cinnamon, 1/8tsp of nutmeg, 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt and cooked it down until the apples were cooked through. Add about a teaspoon and a half of the mixture to the egg roll wrapper and roll them according to the package direction. Fry until they are golden brown.
Let cool for a few minutes and serve hot with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 red delicious apple
- 1 granny smith apple
- 3tbsp butter
- 4tbsp sugar
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- 1/8tsp nutmeg
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- egg roll wrappers
- Dice a red delicious and a granny smith into 1/4" pieces
- Melt 3 tbs in a nonstick pan
- When the butter is foamy, add the apples
- Sprinkle apples with 4 tbsp. of sugar, 1/4tsp of cinnamon, 1/8tsp of nutmeg, 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt
- Cook until the apples were cooked through
- Add about a teaspoon and a half of the mixture to the egg roll wrapper and roll them according to the package directions
- Fry until they are golden brown
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate