We really love our chocolate chip cookie recipe, but sometimes you are looking for something more. This is where this mint chocolate chip cookie recipe comes in. We like to bake a fresh batch of cookies each week to add to the kids’ lunches and maybe to steal a quick snack at night. Don’t judge, please. 😉
The way the kids reacted after trying these wonderful cookies, we may have to pick up some extra milk.
I went in a slightly different direction with this batch. I have heard that using bread flour in place of all purpose flour for cookies helps the cookies be more fluffy and still retain their softy-goodness. Nothing much to lose. Even if these mint chocolate chip cookies turn out lousy, we’ll still eat them.
I went with our standard procedure, use the kitchen aid mixer to assemble the dough and portion using a cookie scoop to keep the cookies uniform in size. Using parchment paper to line your cookie sheet goes a long way to keep things from sticking and makes cleanup much easier.
Mint chocolate chip cookies recipe tips and tricks:
Refrigerate the dough. This helps keep the butter from cooking out of the cookies and leaves you with a nice soft cookie. Also, if you have a convection feature on your oven it speeds up the baking process for the cookies and allows for you to evenly cook more than one sheet of cookies at a time without having to re-arrange the trays while baking.
Once they are baked and cooled we like to store the cookies in a ziplock bag in the freezer. This helps to keep the cookies fresher for a longer time and acts as a deterrent from snacking. I either have to be patient and wait for them to thaw, or risk tooth damage from eating frozen cookies.
- 1 stick salted butter
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 10oz bag of mint chocolate chips
- Cream the butters and sugars together with the paddle attachment in a stand mixer (or handheld mixer)
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Add dry ingredients to creamed butter and sugar in mixer and mix until well combined (try not to overmix)
- Add mint chocolate chips and mix until just combined
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350
- Use cookie scoop portion dough, roll into a ball and press somewhat flat and place on cookie sheet
- Cook for 9 minutes and remove to cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes prior to placing on a cooling rack. Repeat process for all of the dough.