This spinach, ham and cheese quiche recipe is so easy and quickly became an unexpected family favorite. It’s so simple that my four year old makes the filling while I make the crust! This is a basic recipe that can be adapted to suit your individual tastes. Although the recipe calls for half and half, I decided to substitute whole milk because I didn’t want to come up short this week for my coffee (priorities!). Also, the kids make frowny faces over spinach, so in the interest of reducing headaches caused by whining, I will often leave these ingredients out and the quiche is still fantastic.
If you are looking for an easy ham and cheese quiche recipe, this one typically only takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare. That leaves plenty of time for clean up and relaxation while it cooks. This Sunday night, I longed for a meal that didn’t make a huge mess, was loved by everyone, and fit into one pan. Spinach, ham and cheese quiche fit the profile perfectly while also addressing a craving for breakfast.
Whether you make this easy quiche recipe with milk or half and half; or if you decide to make it with spinach, ham and cheese; or simplify and leave out the veggies; this meal is sure to please when tailored to your individual tastes.
- 2 Tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 eggs
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1/2 cup spinach (fresh)
- 1/3 pound deli ham, sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat to 350F
- Whisk together half and half, eggs, flour and salt.
- Place the pie crust in a pie plate.
- Place Swiss cheese on bottom of pie crust. Arrange chopped spinach on top of the Swiss cheese.
- Stir sliced ham into egg mixture and pour onto crust.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until done.